Paediatric First Aid
The Paediatric First Aid course has been developed for those who work in a child-based setting and is a must have for nurseries and schools. It’s learners will be able to provide treatment to children and babies. This course meets the EYFS framework for first aiders in a childcare setting.
Content / Learner Outcomes
- Roles and responsibilities within a childcare setting
- First Aid for children and babies
- Scene safety
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Safe use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Bleeding – major and minor
- Hypovolaemic shock
- Bites, stings and minor injuries
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Major illnesses including asthma, anaphylaxis, meningitis and diabetes
On successful completion of the course, learners will achieve a QNUK Regulated Qualification which is valid for three years.
We offer Ofqual regulated certificates as standard (where possible) as this give you the confidence in our training. Not least of all, it saves you as an employer having to complete due diligence on our courses. Here is what the HSE say about choosing a first aid provider. We fall under the Regulated Provider.
From October 2016, the HSE no longer require providers to register with them and as such this has created an open market. With YITC you can be sure our training is both current and delivered by professionals.
Learners will receive:
- Regulated qualification
- Achievement card
- Full colour manual
Duration: 2 days / 4 sessions (12 hours)
Group Size: Maximum 12 learners to 1 assessor
Assessment Methods: Practical observation and multiple choice examination
This course can lead onto other qualifications such as:
- Level 3 First Aid at Work – QNUK Level 3
- Level 3 Activity First Aid – QNUK Level 3
Terms and Conditions Apply