First Aid at Work
This course is designed to suit all employees, be that designated first aiders or those simply requiring a comprehensive First Aid at Work course. The training is ideal for high risk businesses. We can adapt the course to suit the needs of any organisation if required. As a result, learners will gain an understanding of different incidents and injuries, so that they are able to assist.
Content / Learner Outcomes
- Roles and Responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing incidents and scene safety
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Safe use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery position
- Hypovolemic shock
- Bleeding – major and minor
- Seizure management
- Minor injuries
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Stroke, heart attack, diabetes and epilepsy
On successful completion of the course, learners will achieve a QNUK Regulated Qualification which is valid for three years.
We offer Ofqual regulated certificates as standard (where possible) as this give you the confidence in our training. Not least of all, it saves you as an employer having to complete due diligence on our courses. Here is what the HSE say about choosing a first aid provider. We fall under the Regulated Provider.
From October 2016, the HSE no longer require providers to register with them and as such this has created an open market. With YITC you can be sure our training is both current and delivered by professionals.
Learners will receive:
- Regulated qualification
- Achievement card
- Full colour manual
Duration: 3 days (18 hours)
Group Size: Maximum 12 learners to 1 assessor
Assessment Methods: Practical observation and multiple choice examination
This course can lead onto other qualifications such as:
- First Response Emergency Care – Qualsafe Level 3 Award
- Administration of Emergency Medical Gases – QNUK Level 3
- Paediatric First Aid – QNUK Level 3
Terms and Conditions Apply