First Aid at Work Requalifcation
This course is designed for those who’s First Aid at Work certificate is running out and is a more economical way of ensuring first aiders are up to date. The course contains all the elements of a First Aid at Work course, but as it is refresher training this is to renew and relearn the information contained.
Content / Learner Outcomes
- Roles and Responsibilities of a first aider
- Assessing incidents and scene safety
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Safe use of a defibrillator (AED)
- Recovery position
- Hypovolemic shock
- Bleeding – major and minor
- Seizure management
- Minor injuries
- Fractures, sprains and strains
- Head injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Stroke, heart attack, diabetes and epilepsy
On successful completion of the course, learners will achieve a QNUK Regulated Qualification which is valid for three years.
We offer Ofqual regulated certificates as standard (where possible) as this give you the confidence in our training. Not least of all, it saves you as an employer having to complete due diligence on our courses. Here is what the HSE say about choosing a first aid provider. We fall under the Regulated Provider.
From October 2016, the HSE no longer require providers to register with them and as such this has created an open market. With YITC you can be sure our training is both current and delivered by professionals.
Learners will receive:
- Regulated qualification
- Achievement card
- Full colour manual
Duration: 2 days (12 hours)
Group Size: Maximum 12 learners to 1 assessor
Assessment Methods: Practical observation and multiple choice examination
Pre-requisites: In date First Aid at Work certificate
This course can lead onto other qualifications such as:
- First Response Emergency Care – Qualsafe Level 3 Award
- Administration of Emergency Medical Gases – QNUK Level 3
- Paediatric First Aid – QNUK Level 3
Terms and Conditions Apply